I’m a principal software engineer at @Wealthbox, a husband/father, and a health/travel/tech enthusiast.
I write about my own development experiences, recent personal work, and moments of inspiration and discovery in my professional journey.
My blog posts have been featured in a variety of newsletters and even reacted to on youtube 😵💫
Lately I’ve been increasing my open source contributions. I’ve contributed to the following projects:
I’m maintaining a few small packages:
- sidekiq-job-signal - Ruby gem that allows you to signal a sidekiq job to quit. On server restart the job will run as a no-op, allowing you to cancel runaway jobs easily.
- pg-pool-safe-query - Ruby gem that monitors ActiveRecord queries for statements which are incompatible with PGBouncer in transaction mode.
- pg-pool-safe-query-rs - Rust crate containing utilities to identify SQL statements which are incompatible with PGBouncer in transaction mode.
- emoji-network-log - JS package that patches
XMLHTTPRequestto monitor network call performance. Logs emojis to the dev console based on fast, average or slow requests, alongside their url.
- emoji-log - Ruby gem that hooks into rails request and logs emojis representing fast, average or slow requests.